Are you acting as a Principal Designer? If you are you may be the subject of a visit as HSE Targets Principal Designers in its current year plan (you can find all our posts on Principal Designers and prosecutions by click here to find out more about HSE requirements for Principal Designers under CDM 2015 follow this link: http://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/areyou/principal-designer.htm).
The HSE Business Plan 2019/20 is aimed at reviewing the following categories:
- Lead and engage with others to improve workplace health & safety
- Provide an effective regulatory framework
- Secure effective management and control of risk
- Reduce the likelihood of low frequency; high-impact catastrophic incident
- Enable improvement through efficient and effective delivery
Under the section ‘Secure management and control risk’, the HSE actions and focus are as outlined below:
- Refurbishment Projects – SMEs carrying out refurbishments
- Principal designers – embedding the requirements of CDM 2015 through targeted inspections of duty holders providing Principal Designer services
- Lung Disease and MSDs – prevention and control of occupational lung disease
Going forward Principal designers will need to review how they are fulfilling their key responsibilities under CDM 2015.
At Outsource Safety we are able to assist with any CDM queries and can walk you through the process. Please contact us for further details on 01453 800100 contact us or request a call back from one of our safety consultant.