You might well find the following report of interest if you’re in construction, particularly if you’re CDM Principal Designer. For those of you living in the South-west you might be interested to know that Bristol came second in the list for most enforcement notices issued under CDM 2015 (just behind Hammersmith in London)!
We’ve just had a full year of CDM 2015 and the conversations regarding client and designers and their specific role in the new regulations are ongoing. Coupled to this HSE now have a specialist team visiting designers (architects and similar) to ensure that the message of CDM 2015 and its specific requirements related to the assessment of risk at the design stage are fully implemented by the CDM Principal Designer.
CDM Principal Designer: Take a look at the report below
If you’d like a quick summary please read on below;
- total number of enforcement notices issued to the construction sector related to CDM 2015: 3155
- of this number the total of prohibition notices issue: 1793
- of this number the total of improvement notices issued: 1362
- number of regulatory breaches these notices listed: 7993
- Most breached regulation: HASWA: 3391
- Second most breached regulation: Work at Height: 1790
- Third most breached regulation: CDM 2015: 1669
Interestingly, there were 99 potential breaches of Client duties under CDM but only 5 potential breaches of duty by Principal Designers and just 2 potential breaches by Designers.
An accurate depiction of the real state of the CDM 2015 Regulations? We’ll leave you to decide…