Did you know that Outsource Safety can work with you to implement an effective and productive safety briefing programme through the use of toolbox talks that also serves to demonstrate the communication of key health & safety issues to employees within your company?
Although there is a time and a place for in-depth safety training, short safety briefings, otherwise known as toolbox talks are fast becoming an integral part of an employee’s training programme. It can be used flexibly on an ad-hoc or planned basis with employees across the construction, industrial and other sectors, as a means of communicating key Health & Safety messages.
At Outsource Safety, our toolbox talks have been developed to achieve maximum impact on the audience. We recommend a structured toolbox talk plan to ensure that the relevant key health & safety issues are addressed, communicated and documented.
The benefits of an effective Toolbox Talk programme
The benefits of a toolbox talk tailored programme as opposed to longer training sessions are as follows:
- Short Safety meetings boost employee awareness of safety and its importance in the workplace;
- Toolbox Talks presented by experts from an external company reinforces the importance of this type of training;
- These sessions can be tailored to fit in with the working day without taking people out of the workplace for whole days or several days at a time;
- Toolbox sessions are intended to focus attention on important safety issues, frequently reminding employees why procedures and other safeguards are in place and why it is important to follow them;
- Less chance of information overload, boredom and dilution of important safety messages that commonly occur with longer sessions;
- Can be used to communicate new issues but also as refresher sessions for older ones.