Working in a safety role means that you come across a diverse range and issues and this does include structural safety. We work with the whole range of construction site specialists and spotting risk is part of engaging in conversations with each stakeholder.
If, like us, you’re of the opinion that every day is a school day then this site is likely to hold information you’ll benefit from knowing; http://www.structural-safety.org
Every report sent in is treated in confidence and it provides a means to share information so that all of us benefit from risks spotted by others across our industry and across the world.
Take a look at the site but also review the latest newsletter here; July 2017 CROSS Newsletter No 47
Structural safety resources
To give a flavour of the information you’ll be able to access see the list below;
- Polyethylene core cladding panels used on residential high-rise building;
- Steel canopy collapse during building completion works;
- Unacceptable quality of construction and lack of supervision on a block of flats;
- Steel balconies fixed to precast hollowcore floor planks;
- Near miss – spalled concrete falling from rear face of drilled hole 26 floors up;
- Failure of fabricated access staging board;
- Designer competency and missing rebar; and
- Inability of roller shutter doors to meet the pressure specification for dominant openings.
If you need help and assistance with health and safety from the Principal Designer role under the CDM regulations through to specific help with your own safety management please do get in touch or call us on 01453 800100