The benefits of fully, or partially, outsourcing your health and safety roles to a specialist health & safety consultancy can be substantial. Aside from cost savings, there are other gains your business can make, from outsourcing your health and safety policy development, COSHH risk assessment and even CD 2015 Principal Designer requirements.
Consider the following:
- outsourcing safety will free up your business to focus on its strengths. This will benefit your business by allowing your staff to concentrate on their main tasks and on your future strategy and growth – we will work with your internal health and safety staff to support them and help them improve and develop your health & safety systems;
- outsourcing safety will improve your efficiency and customer service. When you choose our health & safety consultants to support your internal safety professionals you are gaining the support of a highly experienced and well connected organisation able to react quickly and flexibly to your business needs;
- your business will gain a competitive advantage. Outsourcing your safety will bring flexibility to your business, turning fixed costs into variable costs and freeing up capital. It will also give your business the edge when winning new contracts against your competitors;
- We have the skills and experience to support internal your safety professionals on more difficult and diverse risk issues. Areas such as COSHH risk assessments, personal exposure sampling, occupational health assessment and fire require very specific knowledge sets;
- Areas which might not affect your business day to day still need to be tackled, for example, an extension which comes under the CDM Regulations will require a CDM Coordinator but you will not have the skill set required in house. We have specialists who will work with you and provide a full CDM Coordination service
Your next move
It may be tempting to rush into outsourcing, but take the time to meet with one of our health & safety consultants and talk through what you need, we don’t use sales people so the person you meet will be your dedicated contact and retained health & safety consultant.
Consider the following:
- Concentrate on your core strengths and not those which are secondary to your success.
- Consider the true costs of handling it in-house. Include hidden costs such as office space, training,company cars, recruitment, holidays and so on.
- Check the return on investment (ROI) – we can help you to calculate exactly how much you cold save whilst getting a better service.
- Consider the effects of a temporary downturn – you could have high employment costs when you could be only paying for what you actually need.
- What are the costs of not outsourcing? Will your business suffer because it cannot afford to invest in the expertise or the facilities that we can provide? Perhaps your competitors are already outsourcing these roles.
- What are the costs of developing new skills sets to cover areas like COSHH risk assessment, CDM Principal Designer duties and Occupational Health requirements.
If you’ve got questions or need support on safety in the industrial, contracting or construction sectors please contact us for sensible and proportionate advice on 01453 800100